Why do audiences abandon their e-commerce carts?
Many of us begin the process of purchasing items on a website, place them into a shopping cart but fail to follow through with the sale. Statistics show that the average cart abandonment in an e-commerce website is around 70%. So why do shoppers abandon their carts?
Of course, there are many reasons why shoppers abandon their carts. Maybe they abandoned their cart because the site loading process was too slow or they found the checkout process too complicated. Whatever the reason, items were left in their cart and the sale was never finalized and that translates into lost revenues. Analyzing data in your Google Analytics reports could help you identify some causes behind abandoned carts.
How can you decrease abandoned carts on your site?
Think of abandoned carts as an opportunity to win sales not lose sales. Just because someone abandons their cart doesn’t mean you should stop communicating with them. Instead, it is the perfect time to begin a conversation. An abandoned cart email campaign is a great tool to help you connect with your audience, promote your brand and increase conversions.
“According to SaleCycle, nearly half of all abandoned cart emails are opened and over a third of clicks lead to purchases back on the website.”
Creating an Automated Abandoned Cart Email Campaign
Automating an abandoned cart email campaign provides e-commerce businesses an easy way to send reminders to shoppers that they left items in their shopping cart. With purchases still top of mind, sending an email within an hour after the cart is abandoned has been proven to yield great results. Offering a discount on the current order or reducing shipping costs may further increase the chances of shoppers completing their purchase. It may even entice shoppers to buy more products!
Here’s why you should automate an abandoned cart email campaign:
- Shopper is provided with a quick and easy way to return directly to their shopping cart.
- Campaign runs automatically with Iittle or no effort from you.
- Shopper is notified in a timely manner.
- Additional emails can also be automatically sent to further motivate the shopper to buy.
- Provides a way to demonstrate to the shopper that you really care about their business.
- Offers an opportunity to communicate with new audiences and strengthen ties with existing customers.
- Can give you insight as to why shoppers abandon their carts.
- Improves business profitability with low maintenance.
- Promotes your brand.
An automated abandoned cart email campaign can be a tactful cart recovery strategy. It is an inexpensive, low maintenance, yet effective marketing tool that gives you the opportunity to communicate with potential and existing customers, increase sales and promote your brand.
If you are interested in learning more about creating an automated abandoned cart email campaign for your business, contact email@example.com.